Advocare - Day One

Hello there!  I know I haven't kept up with my blog in YEARS, but I really didn't have the time.  Life and ministry kept me busy and I chose that over another obligation.  :)  WELL, I'm back for now.  I'm looking forward to writing posts about my journey through the Advocare 24-Day Challenge!

Today, I woke up at 5:25 am, ran downstairs and made my SPARK.  Since it was my first taste, I was surprised to see that I LIKE IT.  (That's what my son says when he likes the taste of something now...)  Brought my SPARK upstairs, took my shower and managed to finish it before I completed the morning routine. 

After getting my little Nelson up and dressed, I began assembling my breakfast and lunch.  As I cooked my breakfast, I got my salad and tuna together for lunch. It was a few minutes of hurried activity before I could get in my car and head to work.  In the midst of my day, I've had a TON of water.

Breakfast - 1 egg white (I later found out that I could have 4...)  1 cup of zucchini and asparagus, 1/2 cup of oatmeal and 3/4 cup of blueberries.  (I was guessing on the blueberries, since I wasn't sure about portions.  BUT this is a much healthier breakfast that I've eaten in years.

Snack - 1 banana and 20 almonds.  Then I had another spark 30 min before lunch.

Lunch - 1 green leafy salad and 1 can of drained albacore tuna.  I felt pretty full eating and saved my apple. 

So far...no crazy bathroom breaks, but many trips to the bathroom to rid all of the water I'm drinking! 

I've enjoyed reading about other challengers and seeing their recipes.  It gives me a little hope!