Day One Completed and on to Day Two!

This is me today.  I take horrible selfies.  Which makes sense, since I've never been a fan of having my photo taken. 

Last night, I ran to the grocery store to pick up some staples I knew I'd need to make wise eating choices for the next couple of weeks.  Then, I got cooking. 

I made "Egg Muffins" for this week's breakfast. - They are more like egg white omelets, minus the cheese. I'm wary about eggs, so I figured I could "down" this quickly to get more protein.  It was actually a pleasant breakfast food and would recommend it!

I made turkey burgers (no bread), quinoa (why didn't I try this earlier) and grilled veggies for dinner.  My daughter was out at a birthday party, so I managed to avoid the complaints over vegetables at the table.  My hubby managed to clean his plate, so that is good.  Actually, I originally had a bad impression of lean ground turkey and was SO pleased with this meal.  The burgers were really good on the grill and I'll definitely make this part of my meal rotation. 

Later, for a snack, I had toasted rice cakes with a little peanut butter.  Yum.  I took my vitamins before bed and tada!  Day One is accomplished.

Day Two
This morning I woke up ready for the day!  Got my morning routine started and prepared my Spark.  I managed to get my little boy dressed, throw food in the crockpot and eat breakfast before hitting the car for work  (In the past, I'd eat on the ride or stop at Dunkin's for a coffee and breakfast something...) I keep telling myself that I am changing habits, so I need to allow time to eat.  And eat right.

Breakfast:  2 Egg Muffins, 1/2 c oatmeal, 1 cup berries
Snack:  Grape tomatoes & 20 almonds
Lunch:  Leftover Turkey burger, grilled veggies, 1/2 c Quinoa and salad greens with light dressing

I'm learning to plan ahead.  I've packed a bag of healthy snacks and salad dressings to store it in the fridge at work.   So far, this is fun.  I'm learning a lot and discovering great new foods in the process.