It's Been a LONG Time!

We just passed through one VERY busy season. A time spent at rehearsals, at parties, out shopping and time spent with those most dear to us. - A time celebrating the birth of Jesus! I have heard many say that the “busyness” of the season was almost overwhelming for their families. They secretly wanted to hide away from the social functions, save their money, and spend time with their spouses and kids. The “most wonderful time of the year” filled up with more than they imagined calendars could hold.

Now, that may be a little dramatic…but I REALLY did listen in on those conversations. I actually found relief in them, because I wasn’t alone! Looking at my own calendar, I secretly wished I scheduled one less cookie baking session or social gathering for my family. All of those things left me quietly yearning…for Jesus.

“Be still, and know that I am God;I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth! The Lord of hosts is with us; The God of Jacob is our refuge.” Psalm 46:10-11

As we look to 2014, I pray that we’ll stop the running. Stop the people-pleasing. Stop the “doing-something-because-I-have-always-done-it”-activities in life. I pray that we’ll stop and lay ourselves at the feet of our amazing God. Empty ourselves and look to Him for sustenance, grace and purpose for each day.

As we do this, we cannot help but anticipate next Christmas and all the joy that it brings.