On Julie & Julia

Friday night is movie night, right? Well, I watched the movie Julie & Julia this weekend. It wasn't a cinematic masterpiece; yet I came away inspired.

The storyline follows a pattern of two women...Julie, an unfulfilled working woman, trying to seek after her passion in life, while maintaining her job and marriage. Julia, whom we all know as Julia Child, the american wife seeking "something to do" after a move to France for her husband's job. From what I could tell she is unable to have children, and is seeking to fill that void, among others, with "something".

Two things that I came away with...

1. Women need a "purpose". I'm not sure why, but it is a driving force behind their passion and zest for life. They yearn for that "something" that makes them feel worthwhile and useful.

2. When you put your mind to something...you really can do it! Surrounding yourself with the right people, good books and maintaining a focused perserverance on that project will really make things happen.

It is my prayer that I and the women I surround myself with, will be able to find that purpose in Christ alone; as I know that true fulfillment only comes through Him. As we do that, we can focus on the most unexpected tasks and change our world through our passions in ways we never imagined possible.