For My "Baby Rocking" Sunday Morning Friends

Last week at this time, I was running inside and outside feverishly! We had our Annual Trunk or Treat and this year was inside AND outside. Note to self...assemble coordinators for each venue next year. Inside activity coordinator; outside activity coordinator. It was a lot of fun.

Today, I had the awesome opportunity to have lunch with a friend and her family. We met years ago; clear across the United States...or at least in one of the Northernmost states. My hubby was a youth pastor and I was a stay-at-home wife...young and newly married. It was a fun time. I had the excellent prviledge of babysitting for her daughter and she was a cutie! God allowed me to care for a little munchkin and watch her grow over the years.

Time went on and we moved in different directions. Literally, we both went Mid-west and then South...just at different intervals. Then one day we got on our favorite social networking site and discovered that we only live about 2 hours from each other! Very cool.

The most crazy part? The little munchkin I cared for is now 16! (Gasp.) She is a beautiful young woman with a heart for serving God. She is a leader among her peers. I couldn't be more excited or proud! I was driving home from our lunch with praise on my lips. That sweet baby girl I prayed for while rocking her to sleep is following her God.

All this to say; if you rock a baby on Sunday mornings and sing and pray over them...you NEVER now just what God will do with that prayer. What you do really is a big deal. God hears you, sees you and moves mountains.

(This makes you want to read on Prayer, right? Look up "prayer" on Biblegateway.com. One verse just doesn't cut it.)