Mulling it Over

I've been mulling something over for a while. Leadership. I'm a mom of a five year old, so Hannah Montana's "Life's What You Make It" is the background music of my everyday life. I'm starting to think that leadership is what you make it, also.

It's been said (over and over) that there are leaders and followers. I don't question that at all. There are definitely people out there that are born to lead and others that naturally just fall in line behind those people. That is where I tend to fit in. No need to make waves...I'll let somebody else do that. Ha!

When God calls us His child, however, we all become leaders as we follow Him. Embracing the responsibility to tell the world about a God that loves them isn't passive. Not at all. It's hard work and it has to be intentional. God-given leadership opportunities are around every corner and I find this very exciting. I will not settle for a life of blindly following. God's done too much in my life to keep this girl quiet.

As Jesus was walking beside the Sea of Galilee, he saw two brothers, Simon called Peter and his brother Andrew. They were casting a net into the lake, for they were fishermen. "Come, follow me," Jesus said, "and I will make you fishers of men." At once they left their nets and followed him. -Matthew 4:18-20