Suffering & Healing

In my reading today, I came across scripture that showed a characterstic of our God that is just amazing. As Jesus hung on the cross, suffering an incredibly painful death, he mustered up the strength to care for his mother and one of his closest companions. (John 19:25-27) He brought Mary and His disciple John together as family; as they suffered what was probably the largest loss of any man or woman. Isn't it amazing that God would reach out and begin healing the wounds immediately...while He was still with them? While He was experiencing excruciating pain and was close to death?

It just made me think.

1. How often do I look after my brother or sister? How do I truly think of someone else in their need? I've got it good; no physical cross to bear. Am I healing wounds?

2. Jesus LOVED those people. The few words he uttered revealed that He knew them - knew what they needed and knew how to care for them in their loss.

I'm not really sure why I'm writing this. The thoughts of this kindness from the Cross just stuck with me all day. That God would love us that much.