Making Me

Everyone has "stuff" in life. Obstacles to overcome, habits that need to change, annoying areas that require intense time with the Savior to bring us to a point of change. When time is spent acknowledging who we are without God, we have an opportunity to become something new and different. When we truly yield our lives to God, He begins a process of making us who we are meant to be. Imagine what it must have been like for the disciples to walk and minister in the company of Jesus! They couldn't help but change.

I've had the blessing of being a Christ-Follower for many years. This truth about yielding and changing has been stated to me in a variety of ways in church, at summer camp, through mentors and teachers. However, nothing is like being alone in prayer and hearing the voice of God whisper that truth directly to you. It is an eye-opener on a totally different level!

One night, in my Bible-reading, it became clear to me that I needed to deal with my struggle of insecurity. Insecurity is a stronghold that takes shape in so many ways, and I needed to rid it. Not just admit that I struggled with it, but do something about it. I came to a point of decision... that I could continue to try to make it "on my own" or let it go and TRUST God with EVERYTHING.

I laugh when I think of this prayer time...it was almost like a verbal wrestling match...

"But God, you know how I tend to do this"

...and He would say, "Yes, that's true, but I AM GOD."

"But..."

"Lee Ann, things will change if you just let go and TRUST Me."

Finally, I said..."OK. You are God. I know enough about your promises and that you are a faithful God and you will do it. I'm going to believe you."


HE's been making me into a different kind of woman ever since. Really. It is amazing. Not necessarily easy, but amazing! It's only the beginning of who I'm meant to be.

"Come, follow me," Jesus said, "and I will make you fishers of men." - Matthew 4:19