Re-post: One of Those Days We NEVER Forget

I am re-posting this blog from 2009. For those personally affected by the tragedies of 9/11 - we support you.

"I lift up my eyes to the hills— where does my help come from? My help comes from the LORD, the Maker of heaven and earth.” Psalm 121:1-2

Today's one of those days. Days when the date triggers an event that changed our life forever. It is September 11th, 2001. I was at work at Moody Bible Institute in downtown Chicago. My co-workers hurriedly came to get me. We watched with great sadness the live footage of the destruction of the World Trade Center. "How could this be happening?" Heartbreak. Fear. Questions. Confusion.

On that day, I saw an incredible college campus jump into action. Moody Bible Institute, it's students and faculty, turned the campus into a house of prayer, an information center and sanctuary of sorts for the students. They also set up a phone calling center, so all of the students could call their family to let them know that they were okay, etc.

It was also at that time that the city of Chicago shut down. We were blocks away from the largest buildings in Chicago, so the city pretty much evacuated for safety measures.

It was a day when the government stopped the runaround and became people. The President among the rest of the Nation's Leaders stood up and cared for their people. We should be proud and never forget.

The whole day was an incredibly spiritual and eerie experience. Where were you on that day?
at Friday, September 11, 2009