Children's Prayers

This morning I had the priviledge of sharing the Bible Story during chapel at our Early Learning Center. I chose to tell a story that we shared with our Preschoolers on a recent Sunday morning. It was exciting to me....it was about teaching our children how to pray. Did you know they really like to pray? They do!

You see, in the book of Matthew we learn that Jesus was teaching his disciples and many others that had gathered around to listen. During this time he taught what we know to be the Lord's Prayer. So this morning, we took it down a few notches to explain to the kids. I thought you might like to read about it, just in case you would like to use it with your kids at home. I've even included the hand motions!

1. God, YOU are special! Lift your arms to the sky
2. God, YOUR way is always right! Lift your arms out, thumbs up
3. God, please give me what I need. Cup your hands as if you were getting a drink of water or receiving something from someone.
4. God, please forgive me and help me to do the right thing. Hug yourself. This is a one BIG way God shows His love for us. That is a BIG Love!

So, there it is...isn't it fun?