At vacation at home...

Every day we get into our car, drop the kids off at school, go to work, run to the store, go home and make dinner, help with homework, get the kids ready for bed, talk to our spouse and get ready for the next day...then we start all over again. Oh, and we clean and organize and clean and do laundry and clean...

I'm in an unusual week this week, I get to stay home for vacation. It could be like torture for me to not be "busy", but I have discovered some exceptional ways to fill my time. Cuddle with my child, cook with my child, create projects with my child, take my child to her favorite places, clean the house, play and clean the house again.

In the midst of the week that is already flying by, I've caught little tidbits of priceless information. I've seen that my daughter is very much like me!! That scares the life out of me, but I also see the blessing. For so many years I prayed for the opportunity to pass my hobbies on as a part of my family heritage and it is happening!!! Gracie is bent toward cooking and creative projects and she's visual...how cool is that? Woo-hoo!

I don't know if these things come with age or what, but there is a form of enlightenment that has taken place. I have seen that the prayers I've prayed for years really have an answer. Some have taken an unbearably long time; others I would have missed had I not taken the time to stop and enjoy what is mine.

So...you know what? I may have dust on the television or the ironing in a pile in my bedroom, but it's completely okay. The smile on my child's face is of far more worth. I will stop and treasure the long-awaited answers.

Have you seen things that you've anticipated come to pass?

What do you do to "stop" and notice?