heartache

On occasion I get hit with the reminder that my husband and I can not have biological children. It is a stark cold feeling; something not easy to describe to someone that's not experienced this loss of a dream. I liken it to a time in life when a poet's description of the term "heartache" was actually understood.

That cold reminder came today. As I thought about the ache, I prayed with hope and thankfulness. I was happy that ache passed quickly and I was reminded of good things.

1. God has always loved me very much. (John 3:16)
2. He has always had a plan for me. (Jeremiah 29:11)
3. He never walked away or left me alone. (Joshua 1:5b)

Years ago, God brought me the desires of my heart in a different way. Though I never experienced the growth of a child in my belly or the pains of childbirth; my family of three arrived through adoption. And I wouldn't change a thing. The road that I travelled to get there only brought me closer to my Creator. Adoption was never second-best. God's timing and perfect way brought me to my Grace. And she is a marvel.

If you know someone struggling through a crisis like this...but can't relate; pray for them. Hold their hand and do not judge them. If you are going through something like this and are reading my words; know that you really are cared for and people are praying. Don't allow it to take away your joy.