Career Day

Life is funny. We fuss over things that really do not matter most of the time. We dream about the future and what "a better tomorrow" might bring. We lose track of the "now" and the good that God is working on our behalf.

So, what do I want to be when I grow up? I have no idea. Well, I do know, but occupations do not bring real satisfaction. God does. I don't know about you, but I hope to grow more into:

A woman that loves God and people. A woman that identifies right and wrong. A woman that is quiet, gentle and yet, honest. A woman that points others to the Father.

My sweet Grace came home this week to tell me about "Career Day". She doesn't want to be a secretary, like Mommy. No. She wants to be an artist that sells her drawings so she can be a singing missionary. My little tentmaker missionary. She came up with this career all on her own. Who needs to be the run-of-the-mill dentist or veterinarian when you can be three things in one? I love that girl. I can't wait to see the good that God has in store for her.