heartache revisited

I wrote this blog last October and was thinking about it this afternoon; thought I'd tweak and repost it.

On occasion I get hit with the reminder that my husband and I can not have biological children. It is a stark cold feeling; something not easy to describe to someone that's not experienced this loss of a dream. Years went by when friends had babies and it just wouldn't happen for us. I liken it to a time in life when a poet's description of the term "heartache" was actually understood.

That cold reminder came today. As I thought about the ache, I prayed with hope and thankfulness. I was happy that ache passed quickly and I was reminded of good things.

1. God has always loved me very much. (John 3:16)
2. He has always had a plan for me. (Jeremiah 29:11)
3. He never walked away or left me alone. (Joshua 1:5b)

Years ago, God brought me the desires of my heart in a different way. Though I never experienced the growth of a child in my belly or the pains of childbirth; my family of three arrived through adoption. And I wouldn't change a thing. The road that I travelled to get there only brought me closer to my Creator. Adoption was never second-best. God's timing and perfect way brought me to my Grace. And she is a marvel.

If you know someone struggling through a crisis like this...but can't relate; pray for them. Hold their hand and do not judge them. If you are experiencing something similar and are reading my words; know that you really are cared for and people are praying. Don't allow it to take away your joy. Above all, know that God really does love you and wants to be your refuge and help. He has an amazing plan for you.