Get Away

I'm getting ready for a get-away to a women's conference. I can't wait. These are the times of refreshment and time with my God. No doubt there will be lots of chocolate, nail polish and chatter among those that I'm attending with, but the best part will be the teaching, worship, conversations with my Heavenly Father and the "rest" that comes when we bask in the Word of God.

Some of my best memories include get-aways like this. As a student, I had the opportunity to go to a winter camp where there would be tons of fun (tubing, skating, hot cocoa and snow ball fights), great bible teaching and opportunities to walk among the snow drifts (that towered over my head...) talking with the Lord. These times were instrumental in my growth as a Christian; as a daughter of the King.

If you're reading this, I hope you get to take a get-away some day...even if it just a night alone with your Bible, some good worship music and a cup of coffee. Better yet...take out your calendar, pick a date and make plans for your time away NOW. You'll never regret it.

Show me your ways, O LORD, teach me your paths; guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long. - Psalm 25:4 & 5